Lakside Involved is our annual day of missions, including as many members of the Lakeside family as possible in doing hands-on ministry to our community. Held the first Saturday in November, we typically involve about 150 individuals in a variety of projects throughout the Rocky Mount community.
In 2015, Lakeside Involved projects include:
* My Sister’s House–This year, we are focusing our primary efforts on our local shelter for victims of domestic abuse. Please choose one of the following projects:
-Construct a playset for children.
- Create a meditation garden for residents.
- Construct a fence around the garden and play area.
* Assisting the Lakeside children in painting picture frames to be given to Bassett Center families and planting bulbs at My Sister’s House.
* Taking portraits of families at the Bassett Center.
* Filling comfort care kits for the Frederick E. Turnage Chapter of the American Red Cross and the Tar River Mission Clinic (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, deodorant, soap, washcloth, razor, comb).
* Making and/or delivering soup to fellow church members.
* Baking and/or delivering cookies to fellow church members.
* Making “no-sew” lap blankets for Pediatric patients at Nash General Hospital.
* Preparing “Luke’s Dream Pillows” in memory of Luke Spencer for children at My Sister’s House and the Pediatric Emergency Department at Nash General Hospital.
* Donating new or gently used, hardcover children’s books for the Little Free Libraries.
*Landscaping at the Villa Neighborhood Association Park on Western Avenue.
* Donating large canned goods (#10 cans), laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, and trash bags (13 and 15 gallon) for United Community Ministries.
* Doing yard work/minor repairs for some of our fellow church members.
* Assisting with or donating blood for the American Red Cross Blood Drive to be held at Lakeside from 2:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Monday, November 2, 2015.
* Making a monetary donation for Lakeside Involved projects.
*Assisting with or donating blood for the American Red Cross Blood Drive to be held at Lakeside from 2:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Monday, November 7.
*Making a monetary donation for Lakeside Involved projects.
*Helping prepare and serve breakfast or lunch for volunteers.